What’s your favorite thing about Sunday? For me, it’s meal prepping for the work-week. Although most of us are working from home, it’s still nice to not have to cook each night. I find that large pasta dishes and rice dishes come in handy on those lazy weekday nights. That’s why my Spicy Mango Rice is so popular. It’s quick, simple, and delicious. The addition of spicy mango pico de gallo takes this recipe to a whole nother level!
As a Houston blogger, I am uber fortunate to have an HEB in my neighborhood. For those of you not in Texas, HEB is literally the most amazing grocery store on the planet. What makes this grocery store unique is their house brand spices, beverages, and fresh-made guacamole and pico de Gallo. They rival any big name brands and are must-have staples in my pantry.
For this recipe, I’ve included a smash-up of thinly sliced serrano peppers and spicy mango pico de gallo. These two ingredients add a little spice and flair to any standard fried rice dish. Feel free to add your favorite protein, like chicken or shrimp to this dish!
– Read on for the full recipe and drop me a comment below.
Pico Fried Rice Ingredients
- ¼ cup oil (grapeseed)
- 1/2 cup of Mango Pico (Spicy preferably)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 cups COLD cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 thinly sliced Serrano pepper
- Heat a wok or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Cook and stir pico and garlic in the hot oil until soft.
- Add cold rice, green onion and sliced Serrano
- Sautée for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and stir through the dish.